Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day Four - Home alone!

Home alone because the mosquitoes ate me alive yesterday at the house (they must like my new diet too!).  My arms look like I have the chicken-pox!

Stephen left bright and early this morning to do some of the finishing work on the drive-way and I opted to stay home and get some things done around here.

Home alone with all kinds of foods I can't have and really craving ice cream for some reason.  I picked up my book, It Starts With Food and the section I turned to simply stated, Dont' dwell on the foods you can't have, focus on what you CAN have!  So I started planning out my day....

  • Packed a few boxes
  • Listened to an old school Michael Jackson CD.
  • Made a few necklaces and a cool bracelet.
  • Banjo-Banjo-Banjo
  • Made dinner....
    • Mexican pork chops with a side of shredded brussel sprouts, baby spinach and almond slivers sauteed in clarified butter.  My goodness it was quite yummy!
As good as dinner was, I could still kill a bowl of ice cream....homemade pistachio, to be specific!  But, I'm good - I'm good!

I did read today though that I should be eating "raw fermented vegetables, like sauerkraut and kimchi, a priority. (they provide a rich source of nutrition and digestion-enhancing enzymes.  And....the fermentation process also provides natural probiotics, helping the intestinal track maintain a healthy balance of bacteria by increasing the "good guys")"....Ummm....I don't think Kimchi is going to make it to my grocery cart.  But I will try and work in sauerkraut.  That will definitely need to be another day I'm home alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10