Monday, December 30, 2013

Penny For Your Thoughts....Cookbook Style!

From a very special lady.....Virginia Albrecht - aka Grandma GinGin!
Grandma Gin Gin gave me this cookbook many many years ago and I used it often, as you can tell.  When the binding finally died, I was determined to keep it together in hopes of finding a way of putting it back together. 

Enter two neices and one sister to bring it back to life.....with humor!

Kathy, Bailey & Jenna not only safely displayed each page in a pretty cool 3-ring binder, but they added comments throughout the book and gave it to me as a Christmas present.  I finally sat down tonight to read each page and laughed out loud.  Bare with me as I share them with you......

Sponge Bob Square Pants!

Brady Bunch fan?

One tuna dip is too many!

Peas? Green beans?  Butter beans?

I really don't know......do you?

It's not just Banana Bread!  It's 'A Loaf' of Banana Bread!

Next family dinner!

She didn't just say please.....she said PALEASE!

If the water is 86 degrees - you're pizza is ruined!

I guess that's what happens when the fat is hot!

I guess that's a hint!

Make this! Oh wait....make this one, it's easy!
I couldn't show each page but trust me, they are all just as funny!  And, I don't know if they realized it or not but when I opened the book...the red marker was still in the book.  Do you think they want me to add my own comments?  I couldn't possibly come close to the witty notes they've added.

Because this is a local cookbook put together by the staff (and family of staff) from Williamsburg Community Hospital, you might even recognize some of the names.  And, because I was focusing more on the comments vs the entire recipe, if I cut off any part of a recipe you'd like to have.....message me and I'll send it to you.

I absolutely love my cookbook remake and just when you least expect it....I'll bring Mayonnaise Biscuits to our next family function! 

Kathy, Bailey & Jenna......Much love is sent your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10