Thursday, December 19, 2013

Countdown to Mistletoe.....Days 18 & 19....World's Ugliest Snowman

Many years ago when Andrew was just a little whipper-snapper.....

He was helping me decorate the tree and came across a snowman/key chain amongst the ornaments.

     "Mom, this has to be the world's ugliest snowman!"

From that point and for many years to come, each time that ornament is placed on the tree, someone points out that the "world's ugliest snowman" is going on the tree!


He's not ugly at all.  A little green, but not ugly!
This year a new ornament has joined in on all the fun.  I don't want to say it's 'ugly' because I think the only way something or someone becomes 'ugly' is by what comes out of their mouth....a-n-y-w-a-y (that's an entirely different blog!). 

I pulled out a box of ornaments purchased last year at an After-Christmas Sale and as soon as I saw it, I knew it had to be a cousin to the snowman.  What do you think?


Is this supposed to be a Santa or an elf?
Either way, they are permanent fixtures on our Christmas tree and in my opinion make it extra bee-u-ti-ful!

Just for kicks, I thought I'd include a few of personal favorites.......
I don't remember the story with this ornament other than the original ball ornament broke and I replaced it with this ornament purchased in Wilmington, NC last year.

I just love everything about this little guy.  He's crocheted.  He's funky.  He's sparkly and fluffy.
What I love about our tree is the number of ornaments that have been collected since childhood.  And because of my knack for finding the gems after Christmas, I found that I had enough gold, silver, crystal and white ornaments to put them on a totally separate tree this year. 

I love ornaments and when someone gives an ornament as a gift, thought went into that purchase because that ornament reminded them of you! 

Enjoy your tree this year and ALL the spectacular ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10