Monday, December 16, 2013

Countdown to Mistletoe....Day 16....Deliciousness!

Deliciousness!

A friend from high school contacted me today looking for a recipe I've cherished for many years.....York County Schools-Peanut Butter Brownies!

I've tried to think of a clever name for them, but when describing them it always comes back to their original name.

I guess because I only remember them from Bruton High School, they could be called BHS-Peanut Butter Brownies!  Call them what you want.  I call them delicious!

Former classmates, do you remember these?  I just remember hoping I'd get a corner section because the crust is actually the cookie and by having the corner - double stuff!

I don't have any pictures to post - sorry!  I'm sure after Stephen reads this, he'll put in his order for some and then I'll post photos.  Maybe even make a batch for Christmas Eve!

For now, here is the recipe.....(thanks for the inspiration Juanita!)

York County Schools - Peanut Butter Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 sticks softened butter or margarine
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 cups sugar (I usually cut it to 2-2 1/2)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 tablespoon water
Cream the softened butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.  Beat well.
Mix the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture a little at a time.  Mix well.  Add water and stir again.

Spoon batter (it will be thick) into two 13x9 inch pans (sprayed with Pam). (I have a large jelly roll type pan and that one pan works great).

Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Cooking time is correct.  When you remove the brownies from the oven, they should still be a little shaky in the pan.

Cool completely.  Frost with chocolate icing.
Brownies keep well when stored in an air tight container.

I dare you to eat just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10