Saturday, September 7, 2013

Days 23 and 24 of the Whole30....Oh heck...let's toss in 25 too!

Days 23,24 and 25!

Between computer issues and just a flat out stressful week....blogging had to take the back seat to sleep!

One of the many draws to me starting the Whole30 challenge, was the claim that your sleep will improve.  What?  A good night's sleep?  Another plus!  And, it wasn't that I was sleeping horrible, but I was waking up at 3:30-4:00am unable to go back to sleep...not good!

The result:  I'm usually in bed by 11pm and up by 5:30am because the alarm tells me to.  I might have to visit the ladies room once during the night, but if I do, I crawl right back in and sound asleep in seconds. 

This past week however, I had one night where the extra energy got the best of me and I was on a roll just doing stuff (same night I had a ton of back-to-school papers to sign).  I didn't go to bed until much later.  I still bounced up at 5:30, but once you add a dose of stress into the day, it's physically and emotionally exhausting.  No-No-No....not today!  I was in bed sound asleep by 9:30 that night!

On the flip side.......I ONLY HAVE FIVE DAYS LEFT!

In reality though, this has changed my outlook on what food I allow to go into my body.  Do I want a Cheese Shop sandwich?  Yes ma'am I do but it's weird because instead of wanting it because I've been deprived of such awesomeness, I want one to see how I'll feel after eating the bread, cheese, sauce, etc.

Yesterday, I went out to lunch with Steph and when I ordered a mushroom burger (no bun) and steamed broccoli, the waitress said, "Girl, you are really being good!  I would have ordered extra-cheese, with extra mayo, forget the broccoli....I want fries.....and don't even think about bringing me a whole-wheat bun. Good for you!"  Her humorous feedback made me feel good because most of the time the feedback I get is a roll of the eyes and the question...."Is that it?"  With my best smile and batting of my eyelashes...."Why yes, I think that will be plenty....and could I have a box too please?"  You know...as rude as they can be sometimes one still has to be careful what you say BEFORE your food arrives! 

I'll continue with the change in my diet for several reasons:

  • I feel great!
  • I've noticed a difference in my skin!
  • I put on a pair of jeans yesterday and after buttoning them up, I could take them off WITHOUT unbuttoning them.
I don't know how much weight I've lost, because that's a requirement with the challenge.....Hide your scale for 30 days!  But at this point, I know I'm making healthier decisions and I'm not consuming the toxins that cause the BLAH feelings....so I know the weight loss will follow.  I'm happy with that!

Thanks Whole30!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10