Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 21 of the Whole30.....A Word from the Minister

Day 21.....A Word from the Minister

Back to school....Back to God's Word!

Thankfully, I had a great day Whole30 wise and if avoiding artificial sweeteners, sugar, SODAS, etc. is the reason for all this extra energy....I'm in!

Andrew's first day of school was a success.  Does anyone else have a pile of paper's to sign?  Oh, and on top of this, I need $15 for my Engineer and Design class. I'll get out my checkbook, but right now I'm on signature #14!

After a day of wonder.....I wonder how some people sleep at night? A day of disappointment, but hope! I came home to the monthly newsletter from Cowan Christian Church, located in Muncie, Indiana. You see, I just so happen to know the Minister and he sends the newsletter for my reading pleasure!

Today, the scripture jumps off the page...."I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 11:19

The Minister, aka my son-in-law, aka Timmy, aka Sissy around Spiders....also wrote the following message that was meant just for me today (and maybe you too!).....

"Sometimes it's just not easy to love people.  It's a humiliating but necessary realization how very conditional and limited our love is.

Jesus sums up the whole law with love:  Love for God and love for our neighbor fulfill the law.  It transcends everything and without it, all other things are empty.  God is love,  In His triune being He was love even before He created the world.  In some mysterious way, He invites us to become part of that trinity.  Us in Him, Him in us, beautifully bound together in love.  And yet I sometimes feel so deeply that my heart really is made of stone.

I cannot love like I should.  And I don't.  Sometimes it just takes too much energy to relate to people.  My heart of stone doesn't engage in others, it doesn't really care about anything except myself.  Maybe you feel this way also?

The promise of this verse from Ezekiel inspires me to get down on my knees and cry out to God to remove my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh.  Father, give me a heart that can love!

On our own we cannot love; separated from God our hearts freeze to ice, but when we remain in Him and He remains in us, we as the branches and He as the true vine.  He can break our heart of stone and then heal our broken heart so His divine love, that is limitless, can flow in our veins."

Not much else I can say...other than Thank You Tim for mailing me the message I needed to hear today.  A day when it's been very hard to love everyone!  I remember a bumper sticker I saw many many years ago....God loves you, and I'm trying!

credits:  Timothy Cyphers, Cowan Christian Church (www.cowanchurch.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10