Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 28 of the Whole30....With My Own Bad Self!

Day 28......Bluegrass Junction all the way to school!

Today, I thought it was going to be a doozy of a day!  I'm trying to gather up all my extra stuff for work because we were having a surprise bridal shower.  Thus why I had to suffer through making the Buffalo Chicken Dip last night!  And to top it all off, there was some leftover and I had to bring it home!  Oh my LuLu!

A-n-y-w-a-y....Andrew heads out the door, all 6'2" of him and I'm looking like I'm auditioning for Saturday Night Live, as I try and carry the cooler bag, my work bag, purse, shower gifts and coffee......can't spill the coffee.  I don't know who I thought I was talking to but I had to at least say it out loud....Mom do you need any help?  Oh no....I think I've got it if you can run me by Urgent Care to try and bring back my circulation in my fingers that would be nice! Or maybe I could take this balancing act on the road...what do YOU think as you get in the car without asking to help or even carry my coffee???? (Breathe!)

Of course, then I had to try and get out the front door.  Which way should I turn?  How am I going to lock the door.  I look at the car....Andrew is all ready to go and buckled into the front seat, like a nice teenager should be.  Isn't that nice?

I usually try to be respectful of our difference in opinion with music, although we both do love classic rock!  I limit how often I put my radio on Bluegrass Junction.....but not today!  Flatt & Scruggs....Bill Monroe....Allison Kraus....carried me all the way to school! 

That was the start of my day and even though I knew we'd have food brought in for lunch, I was prepared!  Food for the bridal shower, I was prepared and someone was nice enough to put out a lovely display of strawberries and pineapple!  Very yummy! I'm proud of myself and again so thankful for the change Whole9 Life and the Whole30 Challenge has made in my life! 

Any other time I've tried to diet, I go through this phase of being ticked because I can't eat all the wonderful foods I enjoy if I'm dieting!  I speak to people everyday that have to make adjustments to their diet or their health suffers.  Or, their health has suffered already because of poor food choices and/or the preparation of that food.  Today, I wasn't angry or feeling deprived because I couldn't have a sandwich on that nice fresh white loaf bread....I had some tasty chicken, carrot & asparagus salad and fresh mango for dessert....I'm going to win this battle.....with my own bad self!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10