Friday, May 30, 2014

She took a deep breath & let it go!

Do you have luggage?  I do.
Do you have tote bags?  I do....lots of them.
Do you have a bag for just about anything?  I do....even more.
Are they crammed full of nonsense?  No.  But at the drop of the statement, "I need a bag for that!".....I'm on it like peanut butter on jelly!

Now how about that noggin' of yours. Do you have nonsense up there?  I do!
And this is the year (and years to follow) where that nonsense will NOT take up residence between my ears - OR - take up valuable space in my heart! There's just not room for it.



Speaking for myself here....I'll bet I've heard a million times...Don't sweat the small stuff!  As human beings we tend to not only sweat it, but we drench ourselves in it.  Eat a bag of sour cream and cheddar ruffled chips.....cry rivers....clean like crazy women, or worry ourselves into nail biting frenzies or sleepless nights. You know I'm right!

I will say I am getting better and thank goodness my parents taught me where to find all the answers to life (yep, the answers are really there), but needing to handle things MY way, I didn't always turn to prayer or my Bible first.  Mom's immediate response, "Have you prayed about it?"  I'm learning that if I set aside quite time every day, I pray about err'thing! (and that includes all of you!).

Two scriptures came across my desk this morning and from two completely different sources....

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for YOUR life.  I will advise you and watch over you." - Psalm 32:8

And...

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid; Do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9

Those valuable words bring me to the next item on my bucket list.....




When someone steals the parking space.....Let it go! When it's hard to tell the tone of an email....Let it go!  When people wear open-toe shoes and their toes hang over the end....Let it go! Those little nuances that drive a woman crazy....Let it go!  Divorce drama...Let it go! When people don't yield....Let it go!....When you ask the waitress with a smile...How was your day?  And she proceeds to tell you ......sucking air through her teeth, rolling her eyes and hand propped on her hip......I'll be glad when I get off I can tell you that much.  I've worked a double and will leave here in about 15 minutes to go home to my second job where I'm sure the kids have torn't (yes that's apparently a word) up the house.....Let it go!  I want to tell her Honey child, Let it go!

For only 3 little words...this might be a challenge but another 3 words I've learned to use....I've got this!


 Love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10