Monday, May 26, 2014

Fab 50? Nifty 50? FANTABULOUS 50!

In ten days (what will more than likely be ten quick days)....I'll be 50!

I know as women we don't often like for our ages to be announced, but who am I kidding?  Most of  my friends are the same age(ish) and even if they aren't they already know how old I am.  

"Are you sad that you are turning 50?".....Not at all!

Do I wish I'd done anything different?  Well of course, I COULD say yes to that question.  Wouldn't we all like to push the replay button a time or two...or three?

There are a few things that I hope to accomplish this year.....I guess the latest craze is calling it a Bucket List!  What's on that list?  What do I hope to achieve that I haven't been able to do in FIFTY YEARS?  D' Lawd that makes me sound old!  The first step as I prepare for this ten day countdown is to put aside...the What if's.  I've been thinking a lot lately of a quote I read.....What would you try to do, if you knew you would not fail?

Today, I'm launching my Countdown to Being Fantabulous 50....and we'll see where it goes.

Day #1 - I started this last year and set it aside because the instruction I was receiving....quit on me!  Even though my dear friend Tommy Nelson was supportive and kept saying....Everyday!  Everyday!  Pick it up and play it EVERYDAY!  I allowed the craziness of life to stand in the way of me and my banjo.  I may not be Earl Scruggs by June 6, 2015, but I'll be playing better than I am now. Tommy...I made you a promise and I plan to keep it! If I learn to play with half the passion you play with, I'll be a happy woman!  Thank you for having faith in me.

For those of you just seeing this photo for the first time.  This is NOT my Dad.  I know it looks just like him but it's Tommy giving me my very first lesson on the banjo.

Here we go.......

1 comment:

09 10 01 10