Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Gallery of Art and One Proud Mama!

Allow me to introduce you to my son.....Andrew Fox!  Andrew with the head of curls that women pay high dollar to have.....Andrew with the facial hair that surpasses most No-Shave November attempts....Andrew with the great sense of humor and ability to debate just about anything.....and Andrew the Artist!

The last semester of school as a Sophomore, Andrew took drawing as an elective. I loved art in school and even as a little whipper-snapper drawing dinosaurs, Clone Troopers or just doodling... I knew Andrew was going to be very good.  

I've been anxiously waiting to see his portfolio and today I finally did.  It's been in his room since the end of school and I could have taken a peak, but I wanted him to show me and be proud of his accomplishments.

Let the Art Show begin........commentary by the man himself!
We had to take an object from the class and incorporate fabric into the drawing. This is some sort of Buddha thing with fabric around the bottom.
Once again, we had to draw objects in the class. This is a chess piece. (Hands are hard to draw - I think he did great!)
Here, we had to photograph items and then draw them from the photo.  It is some kind of origami paper.
This is an eraser drawing.  I used the eraser to get the lighter values.

Again, these had to be drawn from photographs.  It's different images of a copper pot.(I thought they were photographs!)
Gosh, it's hard to choose a favorite, but these last two are right up there and I've asked him if I can frame the copper pots to go in my kitchen.  I just love them.

We also had to do a self-portrait and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  He drew himself from a photograph and then added the rest.
WOW!  I'm going to frame this one for his room.  

Andrew - Please don't let this talent go to waste!  Use it....use it....use it! 

I'm so proud of this young man and can't wait to see what's next! 

Love you Bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10