Friday, March 21, 2014

What else? Make cookies!

What does one do with leftover white chocolate and a box of carrot cake mix?

What else......MAKE COOKIES!

When  Peyton was here for a visit this past weekend, I promised her we'd make cookies.  Grammie went to work to find the easiest recipe because I knew the fun would be in the icing of the cookies.  And....I was right! 

The Funfetti cookies, made from a Funfetti cake mix were a hit!  And yes, the strawberry icing was the exact final touch they needed.

I started thinking....what other cake mixes would work?  I just so happened to have a carrot cake and because this afternoon was the first time all week I'd felt like moving, I needed to do something. 

Here is my recipe:

  • 1 box of cake mix
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • icing (or in this case dipping chocolate!)

Preheat oven to 350.

In a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and mix well.  Batter will be thick because this is cookies, not a cake!

I used my Pampered Chef cookie dough scoop and on a lightly grease cookie sheet, dropped each scoop about 2 inches apart.  Lightly press down each scoop. I'll warn you now, don't try and squeeze all the cookies onto one cookie sheet!  They spread out and you'll have one large cookie bar vs individual cookies.

Cook for 10-12 minutes at 350.  Mine weren't quite ready after 12 minutes, so I cooked them for another 2 minutes.  Put the cookies on a cooling rack and then move to a plate/platter.....waiting patiently to be dipped!




 If you are planning to dip the cookies into white chocolate like I did.  You might as well wait until after the cookies have cooled completely before starting the melting process.  It only takes a few minutes and you don't want to dip warm cookies. 


These lovely wafers can be found at your local grocery store in the baking section.  Suggestion:  Get the real chocolate!  Why go to all this trouble and then use fake chocolate?  DONTMAKENODERNSENSE!

Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and start dipping!  I tipped the bowl up a little so I could get as much on one side as possible. Let the extra chocolate fall off into your bowl and then place on the parchment paper. (Now you can put them close together).

I had leftover chocolate!  Imagine that!  I sure wasn't going to let it go to waste, so I double two Ziploc bags and poured the rest into the bag.  I let it all pool into one corner and barely snipped off a corner.  See where I'm going with this?

I drizzled the undipped portion of the cookie with the chocolate and then let them cool for about 20 minutes.  The chocolate doesn't take long to harden and after not having much of an appetite this week......I assumed the position on the couch with my newly created carrot cake cookie and enjoyed every bite!


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 01 10